DIY Floral Headband

reading time: 1 min




Dear digital diary,
I've been talking about this for a while now, and today is the day that I finally present you with the finished product. A Floral Headband! Yaay! This will be absolutely perfect for the Reggae Jam Festival that I'm going to this week. I've looked at several floral hairbands in stores but also at online DIYs, and I couldn't find a single one that really met with my approval because they were all too big, too small, wrong colour, weird shape or just too expensive or too complicated to make. 

So I took matters in my own hand and sat down to create my very own floral headband. It took me around 30 minutes, and you only need 3 tools:

- artificial flowers (you could probably also pull this off with real, fresh flowers)
- a piece of elastic that will fit round your head (or a ribbon or a headband)
- needle and thread (i used green to match the pedicles)


1.  Measure the elastic. It should fit around your head without being too lose nor too tight.

2.  Separate the blossoms from their stem. Take one of the blossoms, place it on the elastic band and start sowing it onto the band (simply wrap the thread around the blossom pedicles, see below). Continue with the rest.

3.  Lastly, connect the two ends of the elastic band by sowing them together (using a piece of thread in the same colour as the band, in my case white), and put it on.


That's it. Easy, right?

I think the colour is pretty perfect for my hair colour and skin tone, and the size of the blossoms is just how I like it :) I'm also quite happy that you can barely see the white elastic underneath the flowers! all in all: pretty proud of the result! And it cost like 4 bucks or so. 

DIYs for the win! ♡



Good luck ~




Maisy

0 Comments